Harvest Baked Acorn Squash
- 3 lg. acorn squash, halved with seeds removed
- 13½ oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1½ c. unpeeled slices apples
- 1 c. chopped celery
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Place squash with cut side down in large baking dish. Add 1 cup water to bottom of dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Combine pineapple, apples, celery, and chopped nuts in small bowl. Melt butter. Blend in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour over pineapple mixture, tossing lightly. Remove squash from oven. Drain off water.
- Turn cut side up. Spoon in pineapple mixture. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes.