Maple Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, seeds & membrane removed, 2½ lbs.
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ c. water
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash horizontally into ½” rings.
- Place squash and water in 15″x10″ jelly roll pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 35 minutes; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients; brush squash with maple syrup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered 25 minutes, basting often. Pretty garnished with green beans.