SPAGHETTI SQUASH NOODLE BOWL WITH LIME PEANUT SAUCE
- squash etc ingredients:
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise + seeds scooped out
- 4 kale stalks, stems removed
- 1 shallot, peeled
- ½ cup chopped toasted nuts of your preference (I used cashews)
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted, raw, whatevs)
- chopped leafy herb if you feel it (cilantro, mint, thai basil etc)
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- salt + pepper
- lime peanut sauce ingredients:
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled + rough chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled + rough chopped
- 1-2 tsp sriracha (or other hot sauce you like)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or tahini, sunflower seed butter, almond butter etc)
- 1 lime, peeled + chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- little scoop of extra virgin coconut oil (optional, but I love the coconut fragrance here)
- ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the squash halves, cut side down, onto the sheet. Bake for about an hour or until the flesh pulls away in easy strands.
- While the squash is baking, slice the kale leaves into ⅓-inch ribbons and place in a large bowl. Cut the shallot in half lengthwise, slice the halves into thin half-moons and set aside. Chop up the herbs and toasted nuts as well, set them aside with the shallows.
- Once you’ve cut the broccoli, set a medium saucepan with about an inch of water over medium heat. Bring it to a simmer. Place the broccoli florets into a steamer basket and set aside until right before service.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and bend until fully incorporated. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, place the steamer basket of broccoli into the pot with the simmering water. Put a lid on it and allow broccoli to steam for 3-4 minutes, or desired doneness. While broccoli is steaming, scrape the spaghetti strands out with a fork into the large bowl with the sliced kale. The heat from the squash should wilt the kale slightly. Pour a big splash of the dressing into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and lightly toss the squash and kale.
- Remove broccoli from the heat. Portion the squash and kale into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with the steamed broccoli, sliced shallots, chopped nuts, sesame seeds, chopped herbs and extra sauce.